As of 1st January 2017, Clean-up Passes will no longer be issued to residents
New Fee Structure was implemented 31st October, 2016; please see schedule further down
LANDFILL OPEN JULY 1st 2023, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
LANDFILL MISSION STATEMENT
We are committed to the best management of the Municipal waste through education, recycling and proper disposal in order to protect the environment for today and future generations. The Landfill is a Ministry of the Environment licensed facility and operates under the requirements of a Ministry “Certificate of Approval”. We strive to provide services in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Environmental - Carry out our activities in a manner that protects the environment.
- Safety - is an utmost concern and is emphasized for employees, customers.
- Financial - Operate in a manner that continues the strong viability of the landfill while charging appropriate tipping fees.
- Customer Service - Strive for excellence to show we value and appreciate our customers by being responsive and helpful.
- Rule Compliance - Comply with the Ministry of the Environments requirements and our By-Law
- Longevity - Extend the life of the landfill as long as possible by encouraging more recycling, efficient cell construction and effective cover and compaction of waste.
- Education - Communicate with our customers on existing and new policies, rules and regulations applying to recycling, solid waste and the landfill.
- Hazardous Waste and Compatibles - Inform customers of the Hazardous Waste disposal days and locations.
BAG TAGS: All household garbage entering the landfill must be bagged and tagged. The tags cost $25 per sheet of 10 orange tags for the Merrickville Ward, and $10 per sheet of 10 yellow tags for the Wolford Ward.
NON-BAGGED WASTE: If you are not certain that the landfill will take it, telephone the landfill on the days that it is opened.
ENTRY PERMIT: In order to enter the landfill, each resident, tenant and business owner must show their landfill (laminated) entry permit. The permit is available free of charge from the municipal office. It is assigned to the license plate of the vehicle entering the landfill.
If you are a contractor or transporting another resident's garbage, you need to complete in-full a Contractor Landfill Permit. Note: you no longer have to bring the form into the Municipal Office; bring it directly to the landfill.